Friday, April 22, 2011

Crafting.

I am not a very original crafter, I love to copy or try to copy others crafts. I have been wanting to craft and sew for a long time but it's hard with two little girls running around and without much space to it. Recently I've been able to do a few things and want to share them with you. I am not a writer so I won't be doing tutorials but if I followed a tutorial I will link you to it.

So today I share two of my most recent crafts...

Since the girls got their own room last year I've been wanting to put up the letters of their first names. I finally was able to get letters, I painted them white and added flowers. I think they turned out pretty cute!


I have been blog surfing lately and found some really fun craft ideas. Here is one of them... You use an egg carton to make a spring wreath. I found the tutorial on the blog Krafty Kat just click on the name and you can see the tutorial too!

Katie helped paint the egg carton flowers.


She got distracted and started mixing colors, we had a lot of fun.



Here is our finished wreath. I wish we had some brighter colors but used what we had. I think Katie and I will enjoy crafting together as she grows up, hopefully Abi will like to join us too!

2 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I seriously love the things you do with your girls! It inspires me and helps me come up with all these fun things that I want to do with Emmy when she's a bit older. I can tell you are an amazing mom! I LOVE the wreath, it is super cute :)

Kristin Lee said...

Both the letters and the wreath are absolutely adorable! Well done,