Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ice Sun Catchers

I saw this idea for things to do with kids somewhere on the interent but can't recall where. I wish I took pictures the first time we did this because they were beautiful and clear ice these ended up dirty. Oh well. First we gathered pine needles and pine cones and put them in pie dishes with twine and poured water on them and left them out side to freeze.
It didn't freeze for a few nights which is why they ended up dirty because they had time to have dirt blown into them. I added water the night before it froze but should have just started over.

I then pulled them out of the tins and hung them outside.

They were fun to watch as they melted and grew icicles.

Here they've fallen down and are almost melted. The girls had fun looking out the window a few times every day to see how they looked. We will definatly do this again.

2 comments:

Bryce And Laura said...

That is a fun idea, we'll have to try it some time!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

What a great idea! I love it! I will definitely be doing that with Emmy when she gets a little bigger. Thanks for the fun idea!