Friday, February 18, 2011

Hearts and lots of them!

We made lots of heart shaped cookies for Valentines Day. Katie was a good little helper. I have an issue with sugar cookies that taste like flour. They are called sugar cookies and should taste sweet. I used Alton Browns sugar cookie and icing recipe and they turned out yummy!

Baked with no frosting
Pink frosting
Some of the sugar cookies I dipped in chocolate.

John loves chocolate chip cookies with flax seeds so I made some pan cookies and cut out heart shapes just for him! Ok, so we all had our share.


Plate of finished cookies.

My parents gave our girls these cute valentines!
We had valentines that had temporary tattoos that the girls thought were fun.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute! And your cookies are beautiful

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I love how the picture of Katie looks like the roses are crowning her head :). I LOVE sugar cookies! But I hate the work for them. They take forever! I didn't end up making any this year...I might just have to make some for St. Patty's day :). You guys seriously do the most fun things together as a family! I just love it!

The Oldroyd's said...

oh yum! Cookies look good.