Monday, March 17, 2008

Families are Forever

Yesterday at during sacrament meeting our closing hymn was Families can be Together Forever
Here are the Lyrics

Families Can Be Together Forever

I have a fam-'ly here on earth. They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all e-ter-ni-ty.
Fam'lies can be to-geth-er for-ev-er Through Heav'n-ly fa-ther's plan.
I al-ways want to be with my own fam-i-ly, And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.

While I am in my early years, I'll pre-pare most care-ful-ly. So I can mar-ry in God's Tem-ple for e-ter-ni-ty. Fam'lies can be to-geth-er for-ev-er Through Heav'n-ly fa-ther's plan. I al-ways want to be with my own fam-i-ly, And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.


It touched me as this was the first time I'd sang the song since becoming a mom and possibly the first time since I've been married. What a beautiful and simple song it has always made me feel sentimental even when I was a primary child. How lucky we are as a family to have the Gospel in our lives and to know that families are meant to be eternal. John and I were married but more importantly sealed in the Salt Lake Temple just over two years ago. I'm so grateful for my eternal family.

No comments: