Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy New Years 2012!!!

As friends we had so much fun at our Thanksgiving we decided to get together for New Years! It was,  I think, only the second time John and I have stayed up for New Years in our 6 years of marriage. We had a grand time. The Mayfields were kind enough to host us again. and we once again all shared a baby sitter who cared for the kids down stairs while we hung out upstairs.
Eating our yummy dinner!
The other side of the table.

The Lees posing!
Again the Lees not so silly this time.
The Hughes
The Spencers
We made our own gingerbread to make a ginger bread house.
Anmy's not too sure I know what I'm doing. To be honest at times I wasn't to sure either.
Chillin in the living room

My girls came up to decorate cookies and the gingerbread house.

Yum cookies at midnight!



My girls loved decorating the gingerbread house. Here is the master piece. 





The gingerbread recipe was Toms moms and was yummy! I borrowed my friend Laura's cookie cutters for the house. I wan't to buy some now! I thougt it turned out quite cute! Rachel was not pictured in any of these pictures but she was their, in fact many of the pictures I borrowed from her FB page. Thanks Rachel!

1 comment:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

How fun to have everyone over for New Years! We started some new traditions in our family this year...and I have to say, it was one of my favorite New Years ever! Glad you guys had so much fun too :). Your apron is cute by the way. I need to be much better about wearing aprons when I cook! I always end up a mess afterwards. An apron would probably save me a lot of hassle :)