Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rainy day August 1st, 2011

We had a very rainy beginning of August. We at times get a "lake" in front of our home, we call it "Derhak Lake"  in honor of the Derhak's that live across the street. The drain in front of their home gets clogged with all the leaves and sticks from the neighborhood, maybe one day the city will get it fixed for good but it's been this way all my life. The lake was always fun to go play in, I remember that if it was a warm rainy day I would put on my swim suit and go out to play in the "lake". My girls enjoyed getting out in the water this day.


Looking from our driveway to the Derhak's
Abi got right in the water

This is where the drain is on our side of the street.
Our parking strip was nearly covered.

Grandma decided to come play with the girls.
Going for a little walk

I love this picture of my Mom with my girls.
My mom and Abi's feet in walking down the flooded sidewalk.

No comments: