Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mom and Dads 40th Anniversary March 11, 2012

Nov. 14th 1971 (my dads birthday) my dad proposed to my mom. Of course she said "yes" then she asked "When should we get married?" my Dad replied "I was thinking March 11th". Mom said, "Thats my Birthday!" He said "I know." I think my parents engagement is a funny little story. My siblings and I planned a little anniversary party just for them and their family. It was a fun evening. 

My parents cutting their wedding cake. The original faded version we had hanging up when I was a child.

The remastered version. The colors were done all wrong. The table cloth should be white the back ground green my dads suit black and the flowers and bows on the cake should be yellow.


My friend Kristin made this cake for the occasion. I love the wedding picture next to it.
Pictures of my parents in their youth and my moms baby book

Our big family table, my sister-in-law made the cute topiary centerpieces.


The grand kids playing in the gym.

Most of the grand kids sang I Love to See the Temple for my parents. Accompanied by the oldest grandchild Becca.

1 comment:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Apparently it's been awhile since I've seen your blog as well. You guys look like you've been busy busy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowers John brought home for his girls. So cute! It's been way too long since I've seen you guys!