Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Katie turns 4!!! November 2011

I can hardly believe my Katie Lady is 4 years old but she is. This year she has truly become a big girl, she finally got potty trained early summer and so this fall she was able to start pre-school. She is such a good sister to Abi and loves to play with her, they are best friends. Katie tries to barter to get what she wants and sometimes gets it. She has learned how to be funny and will tell "jokes". She has so much energy and excitement for everything, I'm learning was living life to the fullest means from this 4 year old. I love this little red head and look forward to all she continues to learn and watching her grow up.

Birthday morning

Playing with baloons
 We went to Arctic Circle for lunch and let the girls play in the play place.


We had a party that evening with all of our family and a few friends. It was a packed house but it was so much fun to celebrate Katie!
Her rocket with butterfly's and lady bugs  pinata.
 The rocket was my idea but, Katie requested the butterfly's and lady bugs.

It's made from an oatmeal container

It was a pull string pinata, so each kid pulled a ribbon and only
one ribbon opened the pinata. 

Katie's butterfly, ladybug, rocket cake. We decided to make the pinata and cake match.
My friend made the cake and it was awesome!!!
 Upstairs playing


Look at all those gifts!!! Katie is such a lucky girl
 Our very packed living room


CAKE!!!
Daddy got a big flame going to light the candles!
Thanks Uncle Tommy for the picture.



Katie got so many gifts she loves them all!
WOW so many presents!!!!

Katie got this cute cape from some friends a couple weeks later.
Katie had a wonderful birthday, thank you to all the family and friends who made it such a special day for her.

2 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

What a fun birthday party! I seriously love the pinata. I may have to steal that idea from you for the future...however...I also may have to find out how you made it :). I don't know that a pinata is a very good one if you don't know how to make things fall out of it :).

p.s. I LOVE that Katie has red hair! I'm kinda jealous to tell the truth. I'd love to have a red headed baby :)

John & Britta said...

I will tell you my secret pinata making techniques. Seriously just let me know when and I will give you the details.