Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Denim Pillow Covers

We've needed pillows for our couch and chair for a long time. I had gotten some pillow forms from amazon but we didn't have money to go buy fabric. So what did I do, I gathered some of our old jeans that I've been saving in case I ever want to make a denim quilt and made pillow covers.
The pocket side

 I used one pair of jeans per pillow so that the wash of the denim would all be the same. I also made sure each pillow had a pocket.

The other side


The first two are made from Johns old jeans and the last one from mine. I really like how they turned out, and the fabric was cheap as free Yay!


This is how I like them placed on our couch and chair.
They are rarely there usually a child has tossed them to the ground.

2 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I seriously love how crafty you are! I asked Tim for a sewing machine for my birthday this coming February, and I'll be checking out all your projects and probably copying you on some of them :). I may also ask for some tips...
So glad you finally got caught up on posts! I've been missing reading about your family!

John & Britta said...

I'd be happy to offer any sewing help I can! I still have much to catch up on. I'm glad you enjoy my posts!