Monday, August 3, 2009

Playing catch up one post at a time" Grandpa Jay turns 90

On June 26 my Grandpa, Jay Memmott turned 90.
He is an amazing man, as a young man he served in WWII as a mechanic and spent a lot of time in France during that time. When he and my Grandma were married they drove up to Salt Lake and eloped at the court house, they have three children my mom and her two brothers. He has done both dairy and beef farming growing his own hay. He still gets out to take care of his cattle most days and if the cows are in the coral by the house he feeds them morning and night. Grandpa Jay is loving and caring, I love to get a hug every time we see him.
My Grandparents Wedding Picture


Grandpa and my mom when she was little

Grandma and Grandpa

We had a big party in his honor on Saturday June 27th. I think all but 2 of his grandchildren were there. It was so much fun to get together with so many cousins and enjoy being a big family. I'm so glad Katie has been able to get to know her Great grandpa a bit, she is named after his mom after all.


Grandpa and his surviving siblings.
Aunt Enid (grandpas sister), Ester and Chester (Grandpas Brother and his wife), Grandma Arlene and Grandpa Jay

Grandma and her serviving siblings.
Aunt Elaine(Grandmas sister), Uncle Dick (Grandmas brother), Grandma Arlene


My grandparents with most of their great grand children. Katie was not happy with all the craziness it took to get that many kids together.

My grandparents with my mom her brothers and their spouses.
Top Left to right: Randy, Mylene, George (dad), Rosalie (mom), Carolyn, Tom
Bottom Grandpa Jay and Grandma Arlene

Grandpa Jay and Katie

No comments: